Saturday, February 06, 2010

it has been years......


it has been years since i remember snow like this. the last time i can remember something like this, was January 4,1994. The day my Dad died, it was such a hard time figuring out how to get to my mom..... I almost ended up going with Larry on a snow mobile... however, i got a ride from my home to Saltsburg then from Saltsburg to Apollo, and then Apollo to Brownstown.
Because i live on top of a hill, there was a lot of wind and drifting~ some of the drifts went mid waist if not deeper. Thank goodness for Christina's husband Larry, he came up with his big farm tractor and plow, and got us dug out! He is such a wonderful guy. Chris and I are such lucky women having husbands like we do :) Even though there are days i don't want to even look in Bill's direction........guess i'll keep him.
This morning when Izzy first went out, she did a leap off the porch..... maybe thinking like Patti does, that one can walk on the snow...... however she went into a snow drift way over her head, she panicked and high tailed it back to the porch.... ( just what Patti did too) but after a little while, as noted in the picture above.........she was lovin it. :)
I think i am going to head back into my room, put in a movie, or curl up with a book. I've got supper in the crock pot...... it is going to be a nice day!

1 comment:

Patti Rambles On said...

Hey, they walk in snow in the movies ;-)