Monday, December 01, 2008

Ouch........

that is the one word to describe how i felt after Sat. hike with Kimmie and Christina. but let me back up here.......... Friday was our second annual day after Thanksgiving breakfast with Christina and her family....... Katie and I went and Bill, the boys got a new video game which is way more important than hanging out with a bunch of "women" minus Bill, Chris(Jeanine's husband) and Michael. But i must say the "boys" didn't hang the whole time.........they ate! and visited here and there. What a great time........ so much laughter, that's what its like 90% of the time when i am with Christina. and her daughter Jeanine and Megan and my Katie, are so AWESOME........ i love those girls!!!! The Sad news on Friday was that Johnny wanted to see Us, saying something like the day after Thanksgiving is NOT a holiday. we had missed a week prior, although he did tell us we needed to do it at home on those days...... opps, didn't' listen. Jeanine went with Us too, I am so proud of my brother, and i love him to pieces, (all of my brothers) that i love sharing him. and he is so sweet and SO good at what he does........... any how i will honestly say that for some reason it was the hardest work out to date. I had a tough time catching my breath, and he did really well fitting Jeanine in and making her work a little harder than than Christina and I. *Jeanine is in great shape, young and beautiful.
I also must say we got Yelled at kinda sorta by Johnny. he said we "BETTER" get a workout in at home (resistance training) .... before returning to the gym, which will be Weds. cause i work Tues evening

It was Great seeing Kimmie again, we had a nice relaxing time, ( thank you Kim's mom and dad for sharing her) So shortly after she arrived we went and picked up Christina for a little hike...... so i go park at one of the trail heads where you can go left or right... I told them that if we went on Trail A, that it is a gradual down hill to begin with, with a steep hill involved. and Trail B, has one hill going, but coming back it was a down hill slope, ........ what was I smoking?, I was on the trail before, but i totally forgot........ it seemed there were no level parts of the trail, it was a constant up hill, down hill ....... a good mile of the trail was no more than a deer path through the woods, the trail did come close to a cliff area, and there wasn't a fence to stop us from rolling into the river either. Kim's mom, will you still let her come out and play with me ? if i promise not to take her near the cliff again??? Okay now seriously and I am not exaggerating much..... when we got back, my leg, thigh and butt muscles hurt so bad, not like an injury, but like muscles that have been over used. it hurt to sit my hinnie on the commode even, it hurt to stand from a sitting position, it hurt to sit from a standing position.. needless to say Sunday was going to be a day off. I didn't want to actually injure a muscle after I've gotten this far......
today I plan to go to Christina's to do a resistance training work out, and we will have to do two days of Leslie Sansone for walking cause we can't go out in the woods in Western Pa........... two weeks of this...... Make it a good one folks......... love and blessings to all

2 comments:

Kim said...

So even if Chris wears her hat ya won't go into the deer woods????

Thanks for a fun weekend!

Chris said...

How about the red frilly dress?????