Tuesday, December 02, 2008

My Dream Bike..... a Cannondale




I remember years ago, almost 10 years ago not long after i started to heal after My X husband left, I decided to get a mountain bike for the trails, .....I fell in love with the Cannondale bikes... so I went to the local bike shop, and picked out my bike...... they kept the bike for me and I payed a little each pay...... and i did this for a while....... oh how i loved that bike...... and oh how i loved to ride that bike.......... slowly but surely I started to put the weight back on, stopped riding, kept the bike in my house.......... my brother borrowed it almost 2 years ago...... and in all honesty he won't exactly tell me what happened to it...... I think it got stolen, ........well regardless, i don't think he has it, I've asked... never got a straight answer... Oh well, it is but a bike, nothing material in my life matters as much as my loved ones.
Early this summer, while working with my Life coach, i decided to work towards a goal, I didn't want to work to be a certain size, or a certain weight, ....... so I needed to figure out a reward in smaller obtainable measurements, it couldn't be food, not into spa's, not into manicures or pedicures (hi Patti), didn't want to waste much money on clothes that i will prob only wear for a while before i go down a size.......... SO, i came up with the Idea that for every 10lbs, for every week that i do my journal without skipping parts....... etc........ I'd put a certain amount of money into my bike account........ The GREEN bike is my dream bike it also cost about 500.00$ more than the other bike. BUT it cost about 1000.00 dollars less than someone that smokes a pack and 1/2 of cigarettes a day in a years time........ This Bike is an obtainable goal for me......
the reason i like to bike is because i can experience more of the trails on bike than i can realistically on foot........ and heaven knows i love my outdoors. and i must admit, didn't think Christina would, but she sure loves those trails too....... and here i thought she was the "indoor type of girl".
Speaking of indoors, today we did a walking tape at Chris' house, and I think we switched roles today...... she kept trying to get out of it.......and i kept pushing her to get going, she'd say "I'm not going to do those moves, I'll just march in place"....... or "well i think i can be done now"........ well NOT!!! lol.
We go to Johnny's to work out tomorrow....... Hey Chris i just thought of something,........ we could do a hike on Sunday since hunting isn't allowed on Sundays............right???

2 comments:

Chris said...

When I said that I wanted to put money away for a bike fund, I had NO idea it was going to be $500.00 dollars! I only have 20 bucks so far!!!

I can't hike on Sunday. There is a Mass for my Dad and I'm going to a Christmas party with my Mom afterward. Unless we go early a.m.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very worthwhile goal! Cannondale bikes rock IMHSNO.