Monday, December 15, 2008

Visitor at my home.......


let me say that my Internet and phone are still going On and off.......so i am at work blogging this morning. So let me explain, Saturday both Bill and Albert saw this really skinny skinny dog along the road about 1/2 a mile from my house. Bill told me it was so thin and looked like it was just abandoned along the road....... fast forward to Saturday night...... my family was over for the evening, after everyone was gone, Katie noticed a very thin dog outside....... I told the kids, "do not feed the stray..... " and i went to bed. so early in the morning i take Juneau out, and as i walked past her dog box i notice these eyes looking at me, ........i just walked back into the house, and hoping the little dog would just leave and go to another home........ do not feed the stray dog!!!. so about 10 minutes later, i go into the kitchen and slide the curtains back from the glass doors..... and this is what I see......... i took a picture! pulled back the curtains so i didn't have to see her.......... she never moved, didn't bark, didn't jump.......just sat there looking in. I called the humane society left a message, called the dog warden, left a message......... called Bill........... do not feed the stray dog!!!! finally went out on my porch to check the dog out a little more closely....... she IS very thin, but it looks like she was well cared for before, you could tell her nails have been clipped, her ears were cleaner than my kids' ears, and although at first she was afraid of me..... she didn't show abnormal fear ( how some dogs are after past abuse)..... i went into the house got a bowl gave her 1/2 cup of dog food with a scrambled egg in it..... i went and fed her, and i cried........... she was so hungry....... so hungry, not knowing how long she's been without food, i fed her a little bit every two hours x 4 times .... she did NOT bloat up ....... her eyes are clear, her teeth are spotless white, she is young, i am guessing 9mth, to 1 year. Surely she belongs to somebody....... Katie has fallen absolutely in love with her, she is very sweet, very gentle, and just loves everyone.. There is something about her though i must say.......... Come on Jeanine, Murray would love a buddy..... she is so sweet, . She doesn't appear dominant either as she becomes passive around my dogs.
She wants in the house so bad.........which is a NO, now if we can stick to that...... just so you know, my Bill is such a softy, every time i looked out on the porch yesterday He was out there..... so much for do not feed the dog!!! I am thinking other than malnutrition, her condition indicates she was well taken care of before. so maybe someone is missing her, I will again call the Shelter to see if anyone is inquiring on a missing dog. I spoke with the dog catcher, she said that we can't just keep her, it is against the law, that we must see if someone lost her, by law any stray dog must get spayed or neutered so she will give us a few days to try and find her home. if she does go to the animal shelter, we can let them know we would consider taking her if she ends up on the "put to sleep" list...... oh we will see........
my belly is back to bloating any time i eat even a little, and I am hardly eating much right now. But i am on Protonix and Carafate...... so hopefully it will start to work soon. I am so excited that Deer hunting season is over, cause i miss my walking, I am not going to wait until "after" the holidays or the first of the year to .....start up again, i just want to continue with what I am doing. .... well i am going to try and eat something, we will see what happens......

No comments: