Thursday, September 30, 2010

past the half way point :+)

Today has been my 11th day of no added sugar, my goal is to make it 21 days. i've passed up ice cream cake at the office yesterday too. I feel freaken awesome right now. i know that a "taste" will not hurt me... i just don't want to at this point. no chocolate, no cake, no pie, no ice cream, and i won't even do my sugar free chocolate pudding yet.... no splenda or other artificial sweetener. Love my tea brewed with out anything added... i do a green tea with a hint of red raspberry herbal tea........ still have my frozen berries with my protein shake. haven't had anything processed this week. have been sticking to, chicken, fish, turkey,veggies, limited potatoes, herbs, olive oil, vinegar and brown mustard...... yummmy!!
i make these turkey burgers that both bill and i just love... ground turkey breast, chopped red sweet pepper, chopped red onion, chili powder, Cheddar cheese shredded (i use less than a cup for 12 servings), sea salt, and pepper. i form into patty's and freeze them. so every morning i go to my freezer and pull out either a piece of fish, chicken, or the turkey burger for my meal. The other evening i made Bill and I the burger..... pan fried in a little olive oil put on one of those 100 calorie whole wheat rounds with lettuce tomato and brown mustard. Bill asked me where the potato's or rice or noodles or chips were? I told him it wasn't needed.... i am learning i do not have to have 3 or 4 courses to my meals... and he agreed.
well i am still at work and need to get going........ another busy day tomorrow.
the photo is from my office door.... step out from my desk two steps and i am surrounded by flowers. Have a great day and many blessings........ hope to get out on the trial for a 5 mile hike or more this weekend...... test my orthotics out so i can go back to doctor on my next appointment and give him some information.

No comments: