Monday, September 06, 2010

20 MILES today

went Biking today, did another part of the ghost town trail. Bill drove me towards Ebensberg and then he met me at another trail head about 20 miles away. 5 miles into the journey i realized that my tires were low on air..... not a good thing on the type of trail I was on. and i had to work extra hard to move the bike.... Me miss prepared one......... my tire pump was not in my bag. * there is one in my backpack NOW!!! it didn't start out well either, i got stung by something in the trapezius muscle *between neck and shoulder. it started to burn and throb so bad and started swelling up, i used my sting relief spray (had that in my backpack) and was holding my benadryl and my inhaler, waiting to see if i'd get wheezy.... NO wheezing. but even now hours later, it is red and swollen and the entire muscle is throbbing. My feet cramped on and off today but more tolerable than the last time i biked 20 miles. Oh and i can't forget I had to pee so bad, and didn't want to wait 10 miles to the next trail head with a bathroom.... it was busy today..... so it wasn't easy to just go somewhere on the trial.... found a spot..... climbed down an embankment~over a small stream~up another embankment~behind a tree~ the quickest pee i've ever had~ back down the embankment~crossing the stream~back up the embankment and back to my bike, ....... in about a minute. i was out of breath.... i got time to put on my backpack, get on my bike before another biker passed me..... i think my heart rate never really recovered.... it was a beautiful day......... and i soaked it all in......... I so love biking.......... an even though it wasn't a perfect ride......... i wouldn't have it any other way.......
Have a great week........ i babysit tomorrow........

No comments: