Sunday, April 04, 2010

so fast...............

Saturday morning my weeping cherry tree was bare, maybe a few potential blossoms, Here is a photo of that same tree, 24 hours later. it seems like so long ago when snow, wind and ice covered the landscape. Right now the woods are a blur of red, by next weekend, it will be green. .... that fast!!!

I have had a wonderful Easter Sunday! enjoyed it doing nothing, I am still fighting sinus congestion, and i keep losing my voice... family seems cool with that. HOWEVER that didn't stop me from getting two decent hikes in.. i am loving being outdoors again. Christina has been faithful about going with me, and Bill came both days this weekend. MY goal would be to have 5 hikes in before next Monday.... each hike is usually 3 to 4 miles...... No matter how much i try, i can't fly up Bitch hill, Bill goes way way ahead, and Christina gets up there faster than me too. we do so much up and down.... it doesn't' really matter how fast i actually go. because my heart rate.......goes up......... recovers pretty fast, ........goes back up........ recovers pretty fast...... it is very good for me. we are all cool with going our own pace.......

I work tomorrow, but am off Tuesday and Wednesday. I may talk Bill into going to a state park to hike next weekend....... change things up a bit. Chris, you are always welcome to come with us :0). even with the sinus crud, i am feeling so good....... and i gotta keep upping my workouts, cause i gotta keep up with my brother, which i'll explain more in tomorrows blog...... a teaser, had stints placed in his heart, stopped smoking , dropped 50 lbs in 3 months.........

No comments: