Thursday, September 04, 2008

pleasantly suprised

Well i had my appointment with my "Diet" coach today. and i must say that I was surprised that i lost another 1.5 lbs, lets face it, this week was not an "all" about me week. actually other than the 4 or 5 glorious hours (on some nights) i had to sleep, I didn't do much focusing on Eating, and some busy days i didn't even start eating until after 12 pm., i ate at McDonald's once, had a piece of my daughters birthday cake, (1/4 of a piece), and i had a burger from the grill twice, ..... So i must say i was a little bummed, that i didn't do perfection! and then Aimee, my coach brought to my attention today as we were going over my food diary. number one, i kept it, i wrote down even the foods i thought were "bad" foods. and two like for instance the one time i stopped at McDonald's, i ordered one cheeseburger, and a small iced coffee. she asked me what i would have ordered a year ago...... and it hit me, i would have ordered a Big Mac Meal and a small chocolate milk shake. Sometimes i have to work in not such ideal situations. like when i did stop at MD's. it was right after my one job on my way to Pittsburgh, i had eaten nothing that entire morning, and after i left Pittsburgh, i was heading directly to my second job. so i had 400 calories apposed to my normal 1500 calorie meal. ......... This is what my Diet Coach talked about, .... diet's don't work, i have to learn to eat in a different way. No food entirely off limits.
Well we discussed in detail my Vacation week, and asked if I have a plan... and actually she was quite pleased with the plan I have already worked out. First off. The snacks for the road trip. Are as follows: bottles of water and diet tea. seedless grapes, apples, and plums, a cooler with light yogurt, and low fat cheese, individual single serving packs of nuts, and diet SF puddings. I plan on eating in the Condo a good bit, and I plan on taking advantage of the broiled and baked seafood options, as well as the light portions that most restaurants have. If i want dessert, i'll have it, but i will make sure that it is something I want and then i will only have a small small portion. one scoop of ice cream will NOT kill me. i plan on walking the beach........30 minutes one way, and 30 minutes back . and NO MATTER what I eat, i will put everything I eat down on Paper.....i will keep my food diary, I haven't missed a day in a month! and i am going to wear my Pedometer. ...... So that is my plan and i am sticking too it :0).
The amount of food i eat had drastically decreased, yesterday on my way home from Pittsburgh, Katie and I stopped at King Restaurant, I ordered baked chicken cordon blue (chicken, lean ham, swiss) and i had a small side of fries... i couldn't believe it, i ate a little over 1/2 of the chicken and about 6 fries.... i never left food before, but as soon as I feel full, I stop!!!! why make myself uncomfortable when I am working so hard.
I love this Journey that i am on, and i was just thinking, i started this journey almost 5 months ago... and i am still having fun figuring it all out.
It's a good morning so far, got to see my boys off to school *gosh i love those guys. have my music on, and now i am going to do a little of house work before i leave to go to work, and get a few things done before I leave tomorrow.
I may post later
But if not. make it a good weekend folks, Christina i think you'll be a grandma before i get back.... at least call my cell if that happens, Megan, Mike and baby have been in my prayers ALL the time..... I so love your kids too you know :0).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

umm,you forgot to mention the cookies, and chips that will also be snacks for on the road. :)

Anonymous said...

umm,you forgot to mention the cookies, and chips that will also be snacks for on the road. :)

Sandi said...

ummm anonymous Katie, if you want those snacks, then my dear, you are going to get them. PS don't forget Uncle Chris is a diabetic, so he really doesnt' want much sugar aboard i think???

Anonymous said...

sandi,my dear...uncle chris does not have to worry about sugar being around,because i will eat it all silly.

Kim said...

Congrats on the pound and a half! You're on a roll!! Love ya!

Patti Rambles On said...

Safe travels. Enjoy!
:xoxo: