Saturday, June 21, 2008

Letting go......... so hard to do!!!!

I am finding out that toddler hood was WAY easier than teenage hood. "i am just saying !!!". You know it was so easy letting God give me these children, but it is sooooooooo HARD to give them back too Him. There is a fine line between encouragement, giving advice..... and making decisions for them. Katie has to find her own path in life, Yes i know what mistakes I made, and what things I did right......... but i Must let her make her own choices, in education, boyfriends, and all that jazz!!! the 16 year old boys........ well this is a different story. you see to this day Katie will still call me and ask, not tell me, ask if she can go here or there after work , or do this and that. My boys on the other hand have thought for sometime that i need NOT know what they are doing, who they are with, and where they are. Ha ha Ha silly silly boys...... not giving you that much rope yet! but Andrew will be 17 this summer, so if he wants to grow a little patch of hair on his chin so be it. I'll step in only if they start looking like grizzly Adams. Corey is growing "something" on his face too. it is just easier to pick my battles right now, and facial hair is low on the list. There are still some kids they cannot hang with, i still want to know who they are with, where they are and what they are doing at ALL times. and at Random times, Bill, Albert or I stop by to make sure they are where they say they are. They can't just jump in the car with anyone...... and they hate that i 'know' what is going on , and where the parties are, and who drinks, and who speeds and who does drugs......... Someday boys, i'll loosen that rope just long enough to hang yourself, but still holding it to pull you back...... soon enough I'll be letting the rope go so you can fly..... that's when i gotta trust God with watching over you. Sammy you have a few years to go yet young man.

Not sure what I am doing this weekend, My stomach was feeling queasy yesterday evening and it got worse as the evening wore on, and by the time I was talking to my kimmie...... i felt like supper wasn't going to stay down.
...... had a rough night. This morning there is some churning...... but it looks like i am going to be okay!!! I have a lot of laundry to wash, and I think Bill and I are taking the dogs for a walk, i think it is time to test my knee's just a little :0).
..... it was nice visiting with Christina a little yesterday.....Bill was annoying me though..... He wants me to come home and "help" him cook dinner, which i planned to do, since we weren't eating until 6pm, guess he was extra hungry when he got home from work.
I miss Kimmie and Patti, I've become quite attached. And i really can't wait until i can figure a way to see Kellie in Person. i am so lovin those GG's
well i got to go take the boys to football practice now...... have a great weekend

1 comment:

Patti Rambles On said...

Sandi you are such a great Mom. Someday they will realize you watch over them because you care not because your trying to control them. I have a teenage boy story about my nephew but I'll go put in my blog so I don't clog your space.
I miss all of you. My GGs, Bill, your teenagers and your pets. It seems like every time I visit the "I can't wait to go back" is stronger and stronger.
Love younz.
XOXO