Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Oh my, oh my......

....and who would have ever thunk it? i just assumed that since i was hiking 3 to 6 days a week no less than a 5 k hike, and since i seem to do so well, and recover rather quickly and do more hills....... i just ASSUMED that i was in shape to bike. yeah i know the guy at the bike shop said it will be like starting over again, it just won't take me as long for my muscles to get used to a different movement. I know my Chiropractor friend ,the one that takes week trips to bike hundred of miles told me the same. of course i did not believe them...... when will i learn? I was able to bike 5 miles in about 1/2 an hour. today it was all level, not easy and not hard.... my legs and butt muscle gave me an incredible burn. I wore my heart monitor and it was so easy to get my heart immediately into the fat burning range......... and it stayed there for some time..... by the time i got back to the car i didn't want to walk....... and I LOVED IT! I forgot how much i love to bike.......hiking i cannot go fast no matter how i try. i can go far, i can hike 8 miles without a problem....... my feet and legs won't go fast, maybe it is my weight......... however on a bike i can fly, my very strong legs pump the peddles with great ease. as much as i am dying to get back out there again, i will not bike tomorrow, if Chris wants to i'll hike before work. the next day i will bike i will keep it at 5 miles for now, but this time i will wear my backpack so i can get used to it, my joints are fine, my muscles are burning........ and i am being smart..... i will increase my level very slowly, and i figure in a month or so i'll be able to bike from home to work..........
Today i had a WONDERFUL day, Christina road with me to take a turtle up to a turtle sanctuary towards Erie PA... (*a whole other blog entry) it is her birthday today........and so i took her out for lunch to a really cool place called Elephant and Castle Pub....... we both had Yorkshire pudding. over very garlicky mashed potato's. i ate it without a problem. however i figured out if i eat a small cup of hot soup before i eat, i am able to tolerate my meal a little better, i do this for special occasions only.... don't want to get used to that, or the lapband won't be doing its job.
PS my husband just told me that i need to blog about my great husband........... hmmm, wonder who he is talking about??? joking joking........ i adore my husband......... most of the time. he is doing great by the way.........
God's blessings to you

No comments: