Monday, March 08, 2010

I really really hate this hill

I went for my first hike in a while, Katie and Juneau joined me. and i am reminded yet again, how much I truly hate this hill..... but to get to the trails that i like, I MUST CLIMB THIS FIRST. I am about 1/2 way up when i stop and take this picture, it is a little over a quarter of a mile..... all up! my lungs/breathing/asthma tolerated it well, but my thigh muscles felt the burn. Katie kept pushing me to move faster.......... i don't think i'd like her as a personal trainer...... i am just sayin'. none the less, i enjoyed getting outside and i enjoyed the fresh air. i am going to have to up my Cardio up a notch.

The lapband is working exactly how it should...... and i am still getting used to the last adjustment.... all in a good way. yesterday morning, Bill and i went over to clean the office building, afterwards at about 9:30 am, he was so hungry....... he said he was starving..... umm yeah right... i hadn't had my protein shake yet.... and realistically i can't eat much in the mornings. BUT i tried, i ordered a veggie scrabble........ i ate less than 1/4 a cup and then i felt the stuck feeling........... Katie said to me, doesn't Bill know it is a waste of money to go out and eat before 2? I think she is right. i made spaghetti and meatballs (extra extra lean) in a marinara sauce for my brother and his wife...... i didn't even attempt it. Instead i had about 6 oz of a Chicken Marsala including 2 oz of garlic mashed potatoes. I just have to adjust my menu, and listen to my lapband right now....... no white bread, no pasta, no eating fast, no carbonation.....

i had a busy last week at work. the washing machine broke......... it was just one of those weeks! but it reminds me how blessed I am... it reminds me how wonderful my kids are...... and how awesome my husband is. he took the laundry all week to the local laundry mat so it wouldn't be an issue for me. Thankfully it was fixable, and only 60$ Well i want to get moving and get somethings accomplished today. have a great day :)

oh and in closing is a photo of two of my favorite girls :)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great photos.
Isn't it amazing how it only snows on the sides of the road.
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
I'm kidding!!!!!!
xoxo